Student fees are on the "Reservations and Dates" page.
We have a MP3 and book library, and we also find that there is often much to learn from the lives of others in the community. Your work time will be spent doing the various chores associated with keeping a big family up and running: meal preparation, laundry, and cleaning. There will be renovation and building projects, and lots of gardening.
There is a day-off once a week on Thursdays, and there are many wonderful things to do; bike and walking trails, parks, oceans, bookstores, and nearby Sidney and Victoria, and a half day on Sundays.
GOOD TIPS and INFO!
1. Bring an iPod or an MP3 player to make accessing MP3 lectures easier.
2. You don't need to bring your own books to study. We usually have the resources you are looking for. You can email us if you have any questions.
3. You can bring your cellphone, as it is often cheaper, but it will be prohibited during certain hours.
4. Laptops are permitted but also restricted to studying use.
5. Bring extra money for your days-off or evenings out.
* Special Note to Non-Canadians *
If you are coming from another country, to avoid delays at customs, it is wise to have a return ticket, a permanent home address, proof of sufficient funds, and a reason to return like college, university, or work. Also you should describe yourself as a "visitor" rather than as a "student" since we are not a formal educational institution with long-term courses and degrees. We also strongly advise you to have adequate medical/accident insurance, as L'Abri cannot be responsible for any costs arising from accident, illness or hospitalization.
Notes of Interest:
Great Nearby Parks
Lochside Bike Trail
Galloping Goose Trail
The City of Victoria